28 Weeks: Eggplant or Chinese Cabbage

from thebump.com
Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with medical help). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.

How your baby's growing: (from babycenter.com)

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

 Tim and I are loving the third trimester so far! We've got our crib and pack'n play set up in the living room... Tim set them both up right away when he got home two different days this week and they were sitting outside our door (from shipment)! AWESOME. They look great, and we are getting more and more excited to use them for our little Kastenbaby!

As we get closer to "having" a baby--like, the delivery process--it seems like I get more excited, but Tim may be getting just a little more comfortable, I wouldn't put him in the "can't wait" category... Thanks to all our guy-friends who are dads, Tim knows that it isn't all very stunning and pleasant. BUT he does know that no matter what he'll be there for me and that little babe as we welcome him or her to our world here in Littleton :) He is very excited to be a dad, and to raise our family together. I asked him if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord, and he said he wasn't sure yet ;) I'm hoping he does!
Right now, we're in the middle of a six-session dvd class called Laugh and Learn about Childbirth. It is a Lamaze childbirth class. We found it at the library, and picked up the Laugh and Learn series of Breastfeeding and Newborn Care classes as well... It seems like a great class, so far. Although the "style" and persons in the video are definitely set over a decade old, the overall class, and teachings are great. The teacher, Sheri Bayles, is pretty eccentric (and sometimes weird), but very informative and knowledgeable. We like it :) Tim is a great sport about watching them and learning right along with me--since it is going to be him reminding me of all the things we've learned anyway by time we start the labor and delivery process!

Comments

Amy, I always have to tell you how cute you are! I love to celebrate week 28, when the baby has a good chance outside the womb. I love enjoying your journey with you:)
theKastenpup said…
Thanks Lea! I know I really love this part of pregnancy already! The baby is just moving all the time, and sometimes in freakish movements :) It is fun to feel like I can start to tell a little more what a certain body part might be... Something sticks out, and it feels like a bony butt, then I think, Oh there's the head!

Popular Posts