Skip to main content

Overnighting it

After a whirlwind weekend in the snowy state, I came back to a peaceful evening with my husband. He cooked a delicious dinner (lasagna--YUMM) for us, and we curled up on the couch to watch--in annual tradition--Christmas Vacation, you know, the Chevy Chase hit from early 90s? It is a family favorite! The seriously relaxing evening continued when Tim dished me up some ice cream and a fresh brownie, and I basically watched him do the dishes and all the rest of kitchen clean up! He is the BEST husband!

Well, Monday I worked a normal day, but then stayed overnight with my little girls... Tim and Maggie joined the three of us for a fun dinner, cookies, and plenty of playtime. When he left, free couch in tow(more on that later) and I turned out all the lights, I only had to get up once, to help Selby put her passy back in her mouth. Pretty restful night on the couch with HGTV and some hot chocolate:) Aaaaah. Bliss!

Fin woke up nice and late, around 7am, while her normal wake up time is like 5:30, so, I took a quick shower, and tiptoed down the hall, she saw me at the door and bolted to me with a huge grin plastered on her sleepy face. She had me kiss the top of her forehead, then reached around to my cheek, and softly placed the sweetest kiss! It was so cute! She looked around, and, just like Reagan used to do, asked, 'where's Tim?' She's been talking about Tim and Maggie since:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having fun when you're not having fun.

What it feels like to parent on a daily basis, completely exhausted.  Yet, still determined to get through the day. 

Hope you get a kick out of this as much as I did. :) Laughing out loud over here.

Alopecia | Be a light in the Dark, 2 Corinthians 4

The other day in reading during my quiet time, I was revisiting 2 Corinthians. I was thinking, Tim and I have spent many an hour thinking a lot, about a lot. There are so many ugly and awful things going on across the globe, and across our front door. Our mission field is in Northern MN with Native Americans. In this ministry, we have stumbled through some thick, difficult situations. I am certain you can all attest to difficult times being just that: difficult. The Lord doesn't bring us into circumstances just to drag us along, seeing us become battered and bruised, but it IS His priority to bring glory to His name. We are His chosen ones, and our privilege is to sing Hallelujah to His name!

Anyway, I was thinking that we have faced difficulties. One thing that I wanted to share with you today is about my health.

In 2014, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder called Alopecia. This was saddening and drove me and Tim crazy for three years. One day, I found a bald spot on my …

Celebrating 8 years | Marriage

Tim and I were blessed with a lovely weekend away on the North Shore, back to where it all began. Here is a photo from one of our days up there. We hiked at Tettegouche State Park, and couldn't have asked for better weather or fall colors!