Kids are funny

The other day, Fin looked at me and said, "I love you, Amy. Will you play with me?" So I enthusiastically responded, "Of course! What do you want to play?" I was then met with a stunned look that showed I dare even ask such a question without assuming the obviously Best and Ultimate answer... "A Foyt!!!" wow. Clear the way, Fin wants to make a fort. However, even after she begged me to play with her, all she wanted was to watch me, critique my blanket-hanging skills and show me where to sit. This spot was definitely NOT in the fort with her... No it was in the middle of the hard wood living room floor with no pillows, no blankets. Not Nothing, except me. And, a soon to follow me Selby.

So, I asked Fin why I couldn't play in the fort that "we" built "together" and why she was in there all alone if she wanted to p,ay with me... Again, that crazy look... It turns out, I am only wanted for petty love. Just for fort building, 'coffee' drinking, pizza eating, and ice cream licking when Fin wants to p,ay with me... Or there is the occasional 20 mins that she wants me to sit entirely still, not saying a word, not helping selby if she needs it, and not looking at anyone, pretending to care for Fin's invisible or ridiculosly weird pet babies... Also, just as not-comfortable and entertaining. Boy, my job is so wonderful, but so weird.

Comments

Popular Posts