your prayers, please.

Tim and I have been on this seemingly long, short adventure since last spring. Just under a year ago, I took my 8th grade class on a missions trip to Crow Agency, Montana. We spent a week at the Foursquare church in the Crow Reservation. I'd never spent time serving with Natives before... and it was God's timing to show me my heart in a new way last May. I LOVE natives, and my heart reaches out for them in their way of life: caught in the middle of violence, alcohol, single parent families (oft times grandmas are taking the kids), abuse, and just lack of knowledge in the common way we live to be healthy and smart.

Well, two days after I got back from being with the Pretty-on-Top family in Crow Agency, Tim and I received a letter from Pastor Dan Claussen in Milaca... He asked, "Hey, have you two ever considered long-term ministry to Native Americans?"   hmmm... Not before, but we are now. Crazy timing.

Then, we called Paul Straubel (Dan's friend) who is a staff missionary with the Center for Indian Ministries--CIM, in fellowship with Oak Hills Christian College--and Tim found out that Paul would love for a Mechanic (BFF Jordan) and a Carpenter (Tim) to work on basic skills programs at Mokahum for the students. NEAT.

Okay, fast forward to August 2010, and Me, Tim, and Jord visited Mokahum, toured Oak Hills, Bemidji, and Red Lake with the Straubels.

Fast forward through several great conversations with the Straubels, a fun dinner with Pastor Dan...  to March: we were going to have a conference phone call to "interview" with CIM staff--Paul, Zane (Director of CIM), and Steve (Pres. Oak Hills). Well, it hasn't  happened yet. Please be praying with the Kastenbees as we wait on the Lord's timing to show us what's next. If we're going to move to Bemidji next summer, do we need to know where we're going and what we're doing? We are trusting that we seek HIS will for our lives and not our own ambitions.  Continue praying for all that's happening with staff and students in CIM and specifically at Mokahum-the School. The Lord is doing great things with the Native people in Northern Minnesota and we want in!

Comments

jtjjw4 said…
I will pray for you Amy and your family. I have an Uncle whose church in Idaho has supported Native missions for many years. I think it would be awesome if God happens to lead you, Tim and baby, to Bemidji in His service. Your love and commitment to service are such an encouragement.

Terri Walz
theKastenpup said…
Thank You Terri!
Tim and I both appreciate that so much. We're excited to see where God continues to lead us... and Thankful we're headed back to "home" in Minnesota soon!

Popular Posts