October 2017 | Family life

 It's October already!

How did that happen? It is been such a nice, beautiful, colorful season already and I am glad to say that I am trying my best to soak it up… It is hard not to dread the impending winter which brings  Cold, dark, long, hard days and weeks and months… But I still enjoy winter so much! It is funny how much as an adult I begin to dread winter already when it is only fall and fall is my favorite season! However it's just reality with four small children that winter gets hard in northern Minnesota.

Well, amidst all the crunching of leaves and tromping in the woods, we are  sopping up puddles. I have also been teaching the kids at home, potty training The two-year-old, nursing the baby, And finding a slew of other activities to keep the routine spicy! There is never a dull moment here in the kastenhouse and we tend to find ways to make it harder than necessary… The kids throw fits,I throw fits, the kids play games and make messes and we all have to work together to clean them up or leave him for a greater mess later.  If I am not changing someone's diaper, or helping dump a little potty, or asking where their pants are, I seem to be washing all of that laundry in those pants and those milk soaked rags… It is definitely busy having four children! And, did I mention all the dirty, poopy diapers and undies, and butts... that is a lot of little bottoms, people!

There are a lot of folks, both friends and grocery store strangers, who seem to find it necessary to say "Wow! You're busy!" And yes, I do tend to agree that I am busy! (And hungry, and tired, and in search of coffee, and looking for my alone time) But I meant to be this busy and it is a joy to be facing all of these daily, and seemingly mundane tasks!  I know that there is character training behind it, I know they are building good habits, I know that I am being disciplined to follow through with actions and words that will affect our family's future in the long run… It is a blessing to have to do these things and Tim and I both, although exhausted, take it as a very serious challenge.


So, that's what it's like at home in a nutshell.

Love, Amy




Comments

Popular Posts