Skip to main content

I love this moment | ENJOYING the PRESENT

A precious moment...
I love this picture of Tim & Cody. More than that, I love this moment. They're just sitting in the same old (old) LaZboy that Tim remembers sitting in on Mike's lap. They're talking to each other, digging for reciepts and whatever else they can find in Tim's wallet. They just dink around like this for so long. Cody grunts some form of "talking" to his dad, and Tim just pipes back a funny-and-endearing mockery of the same sound. It is the sweetest. I stood and watched them for who knows how long. Just thanking God that these guys are in my life.

I've spent a lot of time waiting and wondering these past few months. We're really being forced to be patient with a few things in our life. That's okay, God is working in our lives at the same time. We're being challenged to walk more closely with Him and not seek to fulfill our needs without Him. We CAN'T. Tim and I are learning to Trust & Obey (for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey). Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I have made a commitment to BE PRESENT. Be more HERE. Be more just IN the MOMENT. I spend enough time worrying about what's going to happen. As one of my favorite authors writes,  I can't live in the land of if-only. What our life will look like if... What I should have done before. What already happened should have gone like...

It's too much to do, and I am distracting my heart from the fact that I have a Wonderful and Blessed LIFE here & NOW. I need to get with it! I need to enjoy it now.
and  
BE PRESENT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Having fun when you're not having fun.

What it feels like to parent on a daily basis, completely exhausted.  Yet, still determined to get through the day. 

Hope you get a kick out of this as much as I did. :) Laughing out loud over here.

Alopecia | Be a light in the Dark, 2 Corinthians 4

The other day in reading during my quiet time, I was revisiting 2 Corinthians. I was thinking, Tim and I have spent many an hour thinking a lot, about a lot. There are so many ugly and awful things going on across the globe, and across our front door. Our mission field is in Northern MN with Native Americans. In this ministry, we have stumbled through some thick, difficult situations. I am certain you can all attest to difficult times being just that: difficult. The Lord doesn't bring us into circumstances just to drag us along, seeing us become battered and bruised, but it IS His priority to bring glory to His name. We are His chosen ones, and our privilege is to sing Hallelujah to His name!

Anyway, I was thinking that we have faced difficulties. One thing that I wanted to share with you today is about my health.

In 2014, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder called Alopecia. This was saddening and drove me and Tim crazy for three years. One day, I found a bald spot on my …

Celebrating 8 years | Marriage

Tim and I were blessed with a lovely weekend away on the North Shore, back to where it all began. Here is a photo from one of our days up there. We hiked at Tettegouche State Park, and couldn't have asked for better weather or fall colors!