☁ Book Basket ☂ | Authors

I want to start a new ditty on my blog. It's going to be called the ☁ Book Basket ☂. I want to use these posts to write about books and authors that I'm into. A lot of times, I would go to the library with the little girls (UGH--I MISS THEM SO MUCH) and we'd spend forever just perusing the shelves. However, because Cody is so terribly hard to keep track of and keep off the book racks mobile now, it is difficult to stay quietly in the library for much time. Because that was already the truth some days with Fin & Sel, I started writing down lists of authors and some series or books they write that I would keep in my car for the trips to the library. 

This list is helpful to me for a few reasons: 
1. I only write down authors that I'm familiar with. No getting home and wondering WHAT was that!? after I read a book (or just set it right back down after the first couple pages or illustrations).
2. I have a terrible memory, so cataloging a name in my mind is hard enough, let alone spelling it appropriately.
3.  I just get sidetracked so easily. I really love books, so when I'm in the library, this list keeps me focused. The kids and myself enjoy a good read, especially if we're familiar with the characters and illustrations. It is fun to "always" get some of a certain (few) series!

Anyway, I thought this would be en enlightening way for me to remember those names and to share them with you. It can be a rainy day checklist if you want :) hence, the little cloud and umbrella symbols. I'll just randomly post authors and books from my list.


For the Kids:
URI SHULEVITZ
The book I've read by Uri Shulevitz:
 The TreasureThe Treasure


For You:

LYNN AUSTIN
Lynn Austin, a former teacher who now writes and speaks full time, has won seven Christy Awards for her historical fiction. One of those novels, Hidden Places, has also been made into a Hallmark Channel movie. Lynn and her husband have raised three children and make their home near Chicago, Illinois. Visit Lynn's Web site at www.lynnaustin.org

Books I've read by Lynn Austin:
Though Waters Roar
Until We Reach Home (my favorite, thus far)
A Proper Pursuit

Comments

Popular Posts