Saying Goodbyes


Now that I’m catching up with some things that were just too far down the list, I’m sitting here in our new—1982 Rollohome Executive—house writing about our past few weeks! We have been overwhelmed with blessings through encouraging friends and family. But Tim and I are seriously overwhelmed with gratitude. I’ll now try to overwhelm you with details about our move from Littleton to Bemidji, one little (big?) post at a time. 

Excuse the randomness, I'm posting the word doc onto here :)

I finished working for the Dolans on Friday June 15th. It was a terrible and sad day, because I hate goodbyes, but a great day because we got to cherish our afternoon over ice cream and memories… Sel gave Cody his first taste of Bonnie Brae Ice Cream… YUMM! He quickly caught on to grabbing her spoon and forcing her to feed him from her bowl- super sweet!! Finley thought I was just going on some little trip and may return, because she and Kim actually flew to the Twin Cities just a few days later to visit some friends and a precious new baby boy. I had to force the girls to give me hugs, telling them that I just needed one for the long days ahead, for the weekend. They didn’t totally grasp the idea that Cody and I wouldn’t be coming back on Monday, just that we were leaving.  The kids played on the sidewalk a minute while Kim and I “didn’t cry” as we switched car seats and just watched the girls with Cody. It was so so so so so so so so sad. BUT I am so thankful to have had those last laughs and ice cream spills (Fin’s scoop fell right off her cone to the ground, resulting in some terribly loud tears) with the girls and Kim!










After that, we had a goodbye party at the park near our home the next weekend. We invited a bunch of friends, people we knew we needed to see and HUG one last time before we left. UGH> That was hard. It was also fun! We met the Bowden’s 5th baby! Little Hannah was about 10 weeks old then. What a precious little bundle. They also brought Kim’s mom, too, who was fun to meet since I’ve heard so much about her.  My friend Bethy came, as a surprise, too!! A serious treat since I hadn’t seen her in THREE YEARS. That’s ridiculous. Much too long. She’s expecting their first baby in a couple months! (Hi Beth!!!!!) Cody spent the evening waving at people, being held and adored, eating things he wasn’t supposed to be off the ground, and petting dogs. Ryan & Trixie came, Calli & Rory came with Gatlin, Sara, Erica, Brother Jordan & Joy, Brother Jon, Tim’s parents Mike & Suzy, Printy’s (brought our second trailer) Tim’s old landlord Grace came—you remember the basement with the Red Shaggy Shag Carpet… all original!? The 76 year old Tennis gal. She’s 81 or something now and she’s doing great! 

Cody waved at Erica for the entire time he saw her walking away... .Talk about breaking my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trixie and I cried for a little too, when we saw them one more time. UGH. stinking tears. 

So we packed up, with Mike & Suzy, Jordan & Joy, and Jon's help... Then we drove in a caravan of the Van (me, suzy, Cody) our Pickup and trailer (Tim and Maggie) and Susan V's Pickup with Printy's trailer (Mike). We took pretty much twelve hours two days in a row. IT WAS HOT, LONG, and without a problem.

Comments

Popular Posts