37 Weeks Kastenbaby



Baby is officially "Full Term" now. This means that it would be technically okay for him or her to decide that it is time! WOW. But, we really still have two and a half weeks until Due Date (August 12). I'm rooting for an even-numbered birthday :) because I like them better. My last appointment brought me up to speed on really knowing when labor is beginning... That's what I was a little nervous about, that I wouldn't exactly know when or what was happening, but now I'm pretty certain I won't miss it. I just might jump the gun ;)

My nurse (she was SUPER helpful and sweet) said that I'm right on track. My belly was measuring at 37cm (technically my appt was at 36 wks 6 days) and baby's feeling like he or she is in a great position. Woohoo! Preparing for their departure from the womb: Baby's little heart rate has slowed some, it was down to the 120s up to 130 (it has been in the 140s down to 130s). I've gained a healthy 31 pounds, and am feeling great. Sleeping is like a roller coaster. I'll have a good couple of nights, and a really rough few to follow. Unfortunately, Tim's cycle pretty much rolls with mine since my movements and moans and groans tend to keep him just a little more restless... Sorry, dude! I'm like an elephant when I try to roll from my left to right side or the other way. It's a weird feeling just having so much belly!

Kastenbaby's been having hiccups about 3 times a day, and they last from 2 to 5 minutes... It is also a strange sensation. Poor little babe.

How your baby's growing: (from babycenter.com)

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Comments

Popular Posts