Skip to main content

Spring!

Well, it is officially nice and springy around here! Today it feels like 70 and is very sunny! I had to wear my bright lime green tights and a green shirt to school today, and wish I could have worn even cooler clothes... But, it was our big kick-off for a Go for the Green "Leap of Faith" fundraising challenge at Hope Christian Academy. It was a fun little pep rally and we made a crowd tunnel for the students we sent off to the World's Cup Stacking Championship (Tomorrow Morning) in Denver. I wish I had a clip of this stuff to show you--these kids K-5th Grade are Intensely FAST at Cup-stacking! Look this "sport" up on youtube or something, because it is impressive.

For spring break last week, I was able to attempt a few garage sales with Jordy & Joy--turn out of sales was poor. But that's okay, it gave me more time to read and relax, and grade some papers for school. We checked out Golden Gate Canyon State Park's Picnicking area, and I thought how neat it would be to work for a SP. Then, I babysat for the little girls Amy and Hannah that I had last summer. We made fun little purses on the sewing machine, and created some fun games to play--a new version of mancala was on of them! The following day, I watched the three little one's of the family Tim & I like to babysit together. They are the best kids ever! Tim brought Maggie over for a while, and the boys got to play "fetch" and make Mag sit and stay. Pretty Fun!
One of my students, Alek, gave me these tulips for Easter... aren't they gorgeous!?

Comments

mom said…
What a great idea to do with the girls Amy - very cute purses!

Tim, looks like you and Mag Pie are a favorite with the boys!

Simple Pleasures!

Loving you from a distance,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Having fun when you're not having fun.

What it feels like to parent on a daily basis, completely exhausted.  Yet, still determined to get through the day. 

Hope you get a kick out of this as much as I did. :) Laughing out loud over here.

Alopecia | Be a light in the Dark, 2 Corinthians 4

The other day in reading during my quiet time, I was revisiting 2 Corinthians. I was thinking, Tim and I have spent many an hour thinking a lot, about a lot. There are so many ugly and awful things going on across the globe, and across our front door. Our mission field is in Northern MN with Native Americans. In this ministry, we have stumbled through some thick, difficult situations. I am certain you can all attest to difficult times being just that: difficult. The Lord doesn't bring us into circumstances just to drag us along, seeing us become battered and bruised, but it IS His priority to bring glory to His name. We are His chosen ones, and our privilege is to sing Hallelujah to His name!

Anyway, I was thinking that we have faced difficulties. One thing that I wanted to share with you today is about my health.

In 2014, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder called Alopecia. This was saddening and drove me and Tim crazy for three years. One day, I found a bald spot on my …

Celebrating 8 years | Marriage

Tim and I were blessed with a lovely weekend away on the North Shore, back to where it all began. Here is a photo from one of our days up there. We hiked at Tettegouche State Park, and couldn't have asked for better weather or fall colors!