First Day of School, 2017-2018 | Homeschooling

First Day of School! Cody in first grade and Jesse in preschool.

Today we begin the first day of First Grade! This is special because it's our first year of more intensive study. I have higher expectations, as I should, for each year we move up through. But, in the same breath as exciting, this is also a new challenge. I have to be on my game a little more this year, having to actually plan out farther if I'm going to function the way I want for me and the kids in our homeschool and the littler tagallngs. There has to be thought out into what I give the little ones to play with while I work with Cody. There needs to be enough to keep him going a minute while I address trouble. There needs to be enough direction for Jesse and attention to him to learn the basics of ABCs and 123s. I need to plan out what is realistic and what is impractical. Because I tend to be very practical in most areas, I HOPE I am that way with school lessons and curriculum too! Also- hey! I'm tackling a lot, and I need to give myself grace, while still being diligent and a good steward of my children.

What a privilege and honor and immense challenge to raise them, teach them and love them well.


Here's to the new year of school at the Kastenbauer's!

Thunderbirds was the theme for decorating their binders today. 

Comments

Popular Posts