Tim's Ankle

Two weeks ago, yesterday, Tim got hit on the pitcher's mound with a line drive into the side of his leg above his ankle bone a couple inches. Ouch! I was overnighting at the Dolans, so I just assumed that the boys' double header wrapped up early when I received a call from my hubby... Not so much. "Honey, I took a pretty hard hit tonight. I'm hurtin'." Apparently all the guys came in from the outfield because the hit (probably around 100+ mph--they use metal bats) made such a loud noise they were all sure it was broken. That is a pretty awful feeling to know that you can't do anything for him. And the foolish boy stayed the rest of the game (got hit in the first inning) before stopping at Target to buy/carry a 50 pound bag of dog food home and THEN going home to ice it. Typical, right?

Well, he iced and heated it very regularly with Tylenol and Ibuprofen in the next week or so. He took a day and a half off from work, because he couldn't even be on it. Then, he slowly started recovering. Now it has been two weeks, and he feels way better, and we could see his ankle bone this morning! WOO HOO. A huge improvement from the swollen lump he'd had.

 Then, the heat/ice pack exploded in the microwave this morning with a POP!!! Hmm... not my favorite. But, he just used one of my Grandma Shirley Corn Bags on it instead.

Now, he's off to work and I'm just telling you about it :)
Long story short, he was in pretty rough shape, but is healing super well. Thank you for your prayers!

Comments

Popular Posts