Minnesota: Baby Shower, Friends & Family!

When I flew to MN a couple weeks ago, I had a great time showing off my belly to family & friends. We laughed and were able to catch up on many lost months.

First, Mom and Suzy picked me up at the airport and we visited Megan and (I got to meet) Mathew. Their little house in Minneapolis is super cute, and coming together great--very homey! Oh, and their dog Remi.
Then, we went up to Milaca where I stayed with Grandma Shirley overnight. She was happy to see me, but even more sad to see me go... She had me go through old pictures with her, bring some things down to her basement, take care of a load of laundry, and sweep off the front porch/sidewalk/driveway before I could leave... It was her ploy to keep me there as long as possible, I think ;) Oh, Grandma! I love you!
After that, I went to mom's for a nice lunch and afternoon with her. We got to look through some baby pictures and just funny old family photos that I hadn't seen or had forgotten about... It was so much fun to do together! We looked for some random things up in the shed and found the home video of my birth. WOW--that is cool! Seeing mom and dad in their young, 1987 days is something I wish I could do more often :) But, that was just special to see.

Next, I headed to Mora to see Tim's parents-Bob & Marie, and sister-Katie, and her brand new baby MaKayla! LOVED that time of watching Bob being an excellent grandpa. He admitted to never really caring for kids before the last couple of years, and now he LOVES those grandkids to pieces. Can't wait until our baby meets Grandpa Bob and Grandma Marie!
That evening, Mom, Ken and Jessica joined me, Sarah & Ben and Chris & Jerri at the Gilbert's home for a sweet night of Pizza and catching up. I hadn't seen Ben (or the rest of Sarah's family) since he was a wee little one last October when Tim and I were home for Chris & Katie's wedding.




































 I spent that night at my mom's house, then woke up for the shower in the morning... I picked Grandma Shirley and her Aunt Marian up and took them along. The morning rolled into noon, and we had an excellent time with visiting, eating a delicious brunch, special music from my young friend Anna, and and a silly game of decorating eggs. Each woman at the shower had to decorate a hard-boiled egg with markers as to how they thought would best represent what our little baby will look like. SO FUNNY! Donna and my Aunt Jane's eggs were the "best" there. hah! I had a hard time being the judge.














Then, I spent the afternoon with the Swedin's! Becky and Will came up (Becky came for the shower) and Kevin and his girl Lindsey {she's great} were there... SO great to see them all, and laugh over funny things in relationships, in the noises girls make when trying to be things like a machine gun, or scary monster compared to boys' versions of the same sounds.

Comments

Popular Posts