KB at 30 Weeks!

So, our little KB is officially a very active baby. This kid doesn't sit still for much, and I mostly love it! It might have creeped a few of my neighbors out while baby was squirming around on the plane... You know, it isn't totally normal for a person's stomach to just ripple around, and stick out about 3 inches here and there for several seconds or minutes at a time. Funny Baby!

Here's the latest on our scrawny and long little guy or gal (from babycenter.com):

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

About mama:
In general, I have been feeling great. This pregnancy continues to offer blessings of joy, and shots of pain that turn into joy because I know our little baby is the one causing it :) I like to sit still, because that is when baby is most active. When I am still or quiet, when I touch baby, or when someone lays a hand on my belly... You can feel like, Oh, that's the head, or butt, or the poor little thing has the hiccups! It is amazing to see my belly just swarm in a matter of seconds into a totally different shape. Our God's miracle in creating babies is beyond incredible. Beyond words. He is GOOD. I find myself standing in awe and just thanking Him for the gift of life he has given Tim and I to share together in our marriage.

Comments

Popular Posts