Overnighting it

After a whirlwind weekend in the snowy state, I came back to a peaceful evening with my husband. He cooked a delicious dinner (lasagna--YUMM) for us, and we curled up on the couch to watch--in annual tradition--Christmas Vacation, you know, the Chevy Chase hit from early 90s? It is a family favorite! The seriously relaxing evening continued when Tim dished me up some ice cream and a fresh brownie, and I basically watched him do the dishes and all the rest of kitchen clean up! He is the BEST husband!

Well, Monday I worked a normal day, but then stayed overnight with my little girls... Tim and Maggie joined the three of us for a fun dinner, cookies, and plenty of playtime. When he left, free couch in tow(more on that later) and I turned out all the lights, I only had to get up once, to help Selby put her passy back in her mouth. Pretty restful night on the couch with HGTV and some hot chocolate:) Aaaaah. Bliss!

Fin woke up nice and late, around 7am, while her normal wake up time is like 5:30, so, I took a quick shower, and tiptoed down the hall, she saw me at the door and bolted to me with a huge grin plastered on her sleepy face. She had me kiss the top of her forehead, then reached around to my cheek, and softly placed the sweetest kiss! It was so cute! She looked around, and, just like Reagan used to do, asked, 'where's Tim?' She's been talking about Tim and Maggie since:)

Comments

Popular Posts