Book of Isaiah | Faith in Him

IN our study of Isaiah tonight, us girls chatted about what word (or words) we took from the chapters this week. We read Isaiah 28-31. I hadn't thought anything in particular stood out to me at the times I read this week, but tonight, this stuck in my heart.

Isaiah 30:15
For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:
"In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

I loved how after I was ranting about needing some time, and some peace, and some sense of extra hours and organization in my life, this is what I saw.

Return.
Rest.
Quiet.
Confidence.
Strength.

God will be gracious.

vs. 18 says "Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you."

Lord.
Wait.
Gracious.
to you.
Exalt.
Mercy.



Leech Lake, June 7 2014

Comments

Popular Posts