Last weekend, we went camping at the Yampa River State Park west of Steamboat Springs, near Hayden, CO. It was a great drive, and fine time camping. We were overwhelmed by the wind, and heat at some points, but among cold, some rain, some pellet snow, and some eagles... We had a great time!
- Tim, Amy, Cody & Maggie
- Jon, Gretchen & Cooper
- Jordan & Joy
- Vince, Joia & Murdock (h?)
- Tim, Cody, Maggie and I stayed in our big Cabela's Elk Hunting tent, the Bighorn III. It was huge, and great. We had an electric heater for warmth since it got down to the 30s at night... Cody slept in a pack and play and Tim and I each used our cots for the first time. Super Luxurious!!!
- Jon, Gretch, Cooper, Jordan & Joy stayed in Jon's pop-up tent camper... which is always a dream.
- Vince and Joia (with Murdock on top of Joia) slept in the back of their super sweet souped up old Blazer.
- we had some the staples: Cool Ranch Doritos, Twizzlers, Dr. Pepper, and Cookies... also, some grilling, french press coffees, fresh pancakes, and loads of sweets. It was perfect.
- The State Park didn't have a lot to offer for recreation, but it was on a super high and fast-flowing Yampa River. Maggie played in there, we strolled through the woods, and we hung out around the camp and played games games games. Some of the guys went to Steamboat on Sunday to check things out. Fun was Had.
|Me & my little guy... on a walk so he would nap.|
|our camp... exclude that big camper on the left... Those were our satellite dish camping neighbors.|
|Creeper Horse Fly (?) hogging my apple. :(|
|neighbors flew a cool kite!|
|Gang out on a walk. You can rent Tipis at the campground if you want!|
|Nerdy Brother Jordan.|
|The Heid Family! Vince, Joia, MD|
|Tim and our "kids" hanging out in the tent.|
|Joia and Cody love each other.|
|Murdock Danger Heid is a very LARGE Goldendoodle.|
|He is their "designer dog" as they call him|
|Our Funny Son|
|Sun hitting camper... where everyone was hiding out pre-game time.|
|Game Zone Set up|
|Game Time = Nap Time|
|"Brothers" and the boy|
|Eating and Making Pancakes. Joy and Jon's Girlfriend Gretchen|
|i LOVE this picture of father and son!!!!|
|Jon & Gretchtile the Reptile|
|Cody and Joia|
|a pretty drive|
|Joy and I apparently both took the same picture from two different cars :)|
|i liked how the cows were so scattered|